St Briavels - Railways of the Forest of Dean

Go to content
St Briavels
The station was built in 1876 and originally called Bigsweir  after the neighbouring bridge. It was then decided that the station should be  named after a village and so in 1909 it became St Briavels and Llandogo. The  name was shortened to St Briavels in 1927.

The station had goods facilities and a signal box, as well as  the only level crossing on the line. The station and goods buildings can still  be seen today.
Back to content