Drybrook Road opened in 1875 and at this point was the closest S&W station to Cinderford. Since trains were not permitted to reverse at Serridge Junction, it is possible that the station was sited purely for convenience of this operation, rather than to act for the convenience of the residents of Cinderford. The Mineral Loop re-joined the main line at Drybrook Road, and this may have been a factor in the siting of the station.
Its status as "Cinderford" station was not to last long as temporary stations were built in 1875 and 1878, each getting closer to Cinderford. The station survived until September 1943 when it was closed, possibly to avoid hindering ammunition trains to and from Acorn Patch depot on the Mineral Loop.
Image Not Available