Image Not Available
Whitecroft Station, looking north, 21st October, 2012
Originally a single platform halt, Whitecroft station was enlarged when the line from Tufts Junction to Parkend was doubled. The station was situated just south of the level crossing over the Lydney-Lydbrook road and there were problems with the railway encroaching on a public right of way, which contributed to at least two fatalities. This resulted in a compulsory purchase of adjoining land to provide a new footpath, as well as modifications to the level crossing gates.
Whitecroft closed to passengers in 1929, but was re-opened by the Dean Forest Railway to passengers in 2012.