Weston-sub-Edge was opened on the 1st August 1904 as Bretforton and Weston-sub-Edge, but the station name was shortened to Weston-sub-Edge on the 1st May 1907. It was the first station on the new extension from Honeybourne and was provided with two 400ft platforms. The station had no footbridge but the line could be crossed by either the barrow crossing or the roadbridge at the south end of the station. The goods yard had a loop and one siding, with a 6-Ton crane and a weighbridge. A signal box was provided to the north of the station
The station started out as administratively independent, but in 1932, the stationmaster's position here was abolished and the station came under the jurisdiction of Broadway. The goods yard was closed on the 25th September 1950 and the station was run as an unstaffed halt until its closure on the 7th March 1960.