GWR 4575 Class no. 5530 at Broadway Station (date unknown, possibly circa 1960).
Broadway was opened on the 1st August 1904 and the location of the station to the west of the village meant that there was a cutting to the north of the station and an embankment to the south . The goods yard had to be built up to the rail level and the goods shed required sunken pillars as part of the foundations. The south end of the platforms also required supports. The goods yard was south of the A44 roadbridge and the station was to the north of it. A signal box was also provided by the main road.
The station was important to the local nobility of the area, some of whom used the station to commute to London. Gordon Russel Co., a local furniture makers also made use of the freight facilities and during the 1930's they sent wagons to Welwyn Garden at the rate of one a day. Excursions were also run to Broadway for the local point-to-point meetings.
The station closed on the 7th March 1960 and the goods yard closed on the 1st June 1964. The Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway have started work at the station site with a view to re-opening the line from Toddington to here in the near future.