Whitecroft, Severn and Wye/Dean Forest Railway Stations - Railways of the Forest of Dean

Title
Go to content
Image Not Available
Whitecroft Station, looking north, 21st October, 2012

Whitecroft
Originally a single platform halt, Whitecroft station was  enlarged when the line from Tufts Junction to Parkend was doubled. The station  was situated just south of the level crossing over the Lydney-Lydbrook road and  there were problems with the railway encroaching on a public right of way, which  contributed to at least two fatalities. This resulted in a compulsory purchase  of adjoining land to provide a new footpath, as well as modifications to the  level crossing gates.

Whitecroft closed to passengers in 1929, but was re-opened by the Dean Forest Railway to  passengers in 2012.
Back to content