Staple Edge Halt - Railways of the Forest of Dean

Title
Go to content
Staple Edge Halt

Opened in 1907, Staple Edge Halt was a typical FoD branch halt, whose significance was mainly down to firstly the Staple Edge Brickworks and then after their closure, Eastern United Colliery, one of the two significant collieries served by the branch. The Halt closed in 1958 on withdrawal of passenger services.
Back to content