Ruspidge Halt - Railways of the Forest of Dean

Title
Go to content
Ruspidge Halt

Originally a goods office, Ruspidge was the original "Cinderford Station" but became Ruspidge when goods facilities were transferred to Whimsey. The offices were converted for passenger use in 1907 and the goods operations were transferred to Bilson in 1910. Ruspidge was closed in 1958.

The Cinderford-Coleford Road crossed the line on the level just south of the halt and the steepness of the road from the forest contributed to at least one case of collision between road and rail vehicles on the crossing.
Back to content