Llandogo & Brockweir Halts - Railways of the Forest of Dean

Title
Go to content
Llandogo & Brockweir Halts
Llandogo Halt
Up until March 1927 the village of Llandogo was served by the station of St Briavels & Llandogo. This, however, meant a walk of just over a mile for villagers and so this halt was built, like the others on the line, to facilitate passenger traffic. The halt was the smallest construction on the line and lasted until closure.

Brockweir Halt
The village of Brockweir was originally served by Tintern, and like Llandogo, gained its own passenger facilities in September 1929. The halt was built next to the river bridge and lasted until closure of the line.
Back to content